[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:11:34 UTC 2010

On 06/16/2010 10:05 AM, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> I think what's happing is that the camera lies and says it accepts
> "absolute" (i.e. float) values. The driver, seeing "absolute_capable
> == true", tries to set the values using
> dc1394_feature_set_absolute_value() instead of
> dc1394_feature_set_value().
>
> Not sure how to handle this in a portable fashion that works for all cameras.

That's exactly what happens.  Except that is doesn't fully lie.  It
return back the float of FPS (0.0001-16.0) for get_absolute_boundaries,
but for get_boundaries, it returns back integers of 3-1150 (you don't
have the get_boundaries call in that branch by the way, you always use
0-4095).  So it can READ absolute values, but the set_absolute_value for
shutter isn't working, even though it works for other features.  Don't
exactly see why yet.