[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 17:13:19 UTC 2010

> The camera's tech manual says it supports *both* "absolute" (float)
> and "relative" (unsigned int) values for shutter.  I assumed (naively)
> that when absolute is available that would be better to use.
>
> Still not sure why set_absolute_value() is not working. There don't
> seem to be many absolute camera features around, yet. Does anyone have
> a camera other than the Sony XCD series with an absolute feature
> value?

Jack, it seems that shutter is the only feature that uses absolute on
our the Sony XCD models.  I looked atthe coriander source, and it NEVER
uses the 'absolute' calls, it relys purely on the non-absolute calls.
Can we simply change the code to not use absolute settings for now?  If
a camera works in Coriander, then we'd like it to work in camera1394 as
well, which means, not using float values, but uints.