[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:30:20 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, von Wichert, Georg
<Georg.Wichert at siemens.com> wrote:
> It just worked with coriander. I did not look into the coriander source, but judging from the observed behaviour coriander does reset the camera only via the mentioned button press.
>
> Actually at least for this camera it seems to be not neccessary to reset it at the beginning. I patched the camera1394_dev.cpp to simply issue a waring instead of a fatal error and that made the whole thing work. Unfortunately I do not have sufficient experience with other cameras, so I do not know wheter this "fix" would cause problems elsewhere.

I don't have enough experience either, really. But, I think your fix
is a good idea. That's what I intended to try when I asked if
camera1394 was failing for those cameras. I expect issuing the warning
and continuing to be a safer change than taking out the reset
completely.

Since it works for you, please send the patch. I'll try it here for
regression testing, then commit the fix. If you don't have a patch
handy, just let me know. It's easy to reproduce, I just prefer to
start with something known to work.

Thanks!
--
 joq