[ros-users] call for testing: camera1394 in C-turtle

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 21:53:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Eric Perko <wisesage5001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> Would it at least be possible for the driver to detect whether a
> setting was accepted or not?
>
> If we can, perhaps the driver should try to set the values, ask the
> camera what values it has and then warn the user if they are
> different. This wouldn't solve the problem of cameras claiming to
> support things they don't, but would at least let the user know that
> there is a problem as opposed to trying to change settings and not
> seeing anything happen.

Patrick Beeson figured out this problem and how to fix it.

Apparently, absolute_capable only means you can read the float value.
To write it, you need abs_control. I did not understand the interface
correctly (it's not very clear).

Fixed now in camera_drivers trunk SVN.  Not released to C-turtle yet.
--
 joq