[ros-users] Installation stuck on Redhat 2.6 (ImportError: No module named yaml)

Isao Isaac Saito 130s at 2000.jukuin.keio.ac.jp
Wed Jun 16 22:35:58 UTC 2010

As a result, I successfully installed ROS on Redhat 2.6 on my robot.

I get similar error saying "ImportError: No module named yaml" a few
times during the installation process. In each case I modified
indicated .py file as follows.

At line 1,
Original: #!/usr/bin/env python
Modified: #!/usr/bin/python

I'm not sure if the modified version follows the python's rule, but at
least it worked for me.

Thanks all who thought about this issue!

So I'm nost sure if it's better to file a bug report, and I don't even
know how to do that. If anyone tells this should be reported and how
to do it, I'm pleased to do it.

Isaac