[ros-users] ROS install error: WARNING: Rosdeps [u'log4cxx', u'boost', u'boost', u'log4cxx'] could not be resolved

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 17 01:01:45 UTC 2010

Hi Mark,
This is the right place.

The problem you are having is that squeeze isn't yet released.  And we
only have partial coverage of squeeze in our automatic dependency
installation methods.

You can finish the install by running with the -n option.  You will then
need to manually install the listed dependencies.  Then a "rosmake
--no-rosdep rostest" will get you started.

After that I would suggest that you manually install the dependencies
manually checking a package using rosdep depdb or satisfy commands to
see the errors.  Then use rosmake --no-rosdep to compile after manually
resolving the dependencies.

There used to be a way to override the OS detection from the command
line but that seems to have been lost in the last rewrite.  I've
ticketed it to be replaced https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2814

Tully