[ros-users] problems compiling ogre

Roland Philippsen roland at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 17 12:06:06 UTC 2010

Hey Michael,

CMake is trivial to install from source in your home directory,
especially if you already have an older version lying around the
system.  I've done that over and over again for the same reasons.

Go to http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html and take it
from there...

Cheers,
Roland

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM,  <Michal.Stolba at cis.strath.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
> thanks for the tip, I need to update CMake to version 2.6 first for which
> I need to contact the system support, which might take a while.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Michal
>
>> Hi Michal,
>>
>> What happens if you make wipe && make in ogre?
>>
>> Josh
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:10 AM, <Michal.Stolba at cis.strath.ac.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have updated the visualization_common stack to current version
>>> (revision
>>> 30291) and now I have following error when compiling the ogre package:
>>>
>>> make[1]: Entering directory
>>>
>>> `/home/s5/michal/ros/overlay/ros-pkg-trunk/stacks/visualization_common/ogre'
>>> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
>>> `build/ogre_src_v1-7-1/CMakeLists.txt', needed by
>>> `ogre/lib/pkgconfig/OGRE.pc'. Stop.
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory
>>>
>>> `/home/s5/michal/ros/overlay/ros-pkg-trunk/stacks/visualization_common/ogre'
>>> make: *** [ogre] Error 2
>>>
>>> Is there something else I need to update in order to compile the
>>> visualization_common stack, or is there some different problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks very much for any help,
>>>
>>> Michal

Roland Philippsen
http://poftwaresatent.net/