[ros-users] .deb package changelogs

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 19:54:08 UTC 2010

What's the easiest way to see the current changelog and/or svn source
version for pre-compiled .deb packages (before installation)?  I often
run trunk versions of code that have patches from myself or other
maintainers applied, and I would like to know when new debian packages
are ready to install, whether or not it's worth my time to download and
install them, and if I do, if I can remove my patched version built from
source.

I looked around and couldn't find any changleogs or .deb version info on
the wiki or repository pool site.

Thanks,

Patrick