[ros-users] Gazebo C-Turtle API angle translation bug?

John Hsu johnhsu at willowgarage.com
Fri Jun 18 19:02:11 UTC 2010

Hi Leonardo,

I've just tried the following,

   - roslaunch gazebo_worlds  empty_world.launch
   - rosrun gazebo spawn_model -file `rospack find
   gazebo_worlds`/objects/000.580.67.model -gazebo -model cup -z 2
   - rosservice call gazebo/get_model_state '{model_name: cup}'

>    rosservice call gazebo/get_model_state '{model_name: cup}'
>    pose:
>      position:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 1.99999995232
>      orientation:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 0.0
>        w: 1.0
>    twist:
>      linear:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 0.0
>      angular:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 0.0
>    success: True
>    status_message: GetModelState: got properties

   - rosservice call /gazebo/set_model_state '{model_state: { model_name:
   cup, pose: { position: { x: 0, y: 0 ,z: 1 }, orientation: {x: 0, y: 0.7071,
   z: 0, w: 0.7071} }, reference_frame: world } }'

>    success: True

   status_message: SetModelState: set model state done

   -  rosservice call gazebo/get_model_state '{model_name: cup}'

>    pose:
>      position:
>        x: 7.45058056917e-10
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 1.0
>      orientation:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.70710682869
>        z: 0.0
>        w: 0.70710682869
>    twist:
>      linear:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 0.0
>      angular:
>        x: 0.0
>        y: 0.0
>        z: 0.0
>    success: True
>    status_message: GetModelState: got properties

the model state seems to be as expected, not sure if I have the right steps
you are referring to in order to recreate the error?
thanks,
John