[ros-users] image_pipeline optimization

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 02:53:06 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 2:02 AM, Kurt Konolige
<konolige at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I'm not sure why OpenCV insists on the bgr8 format - don't know
> anything else that uses it.  rgb8 is normal.

For the YUV color modes (4:1:1, 4:2:2, and 4:4:4), the drive unpacks
the data into rgb8. It could just as efficiently unpack to bgr8.

Using rgb8 seems more consistent with the other modes, but if there is
a significant performance difference, I suppose those modes (only)
could publish bgr8, instead. Is that worth doing?
--
 joq