[ros-users] ROS install error: WARNING: Rosdeps [u'log4cxx', u'boost', u'boost', u'log4cxx'] could not be resolved

Roland Philippsen roland at willowgarage.com
Mon Jun 21 12:26:21 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been having very similar issues on squeeze/sid for quite a while
(months), so I took some time to look more at that rosboost_cfg
script.  Maybe try the patch at
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2824 which should give you more
useful error messages, e.g. in my case I was missing
libboost-thread-dev which was easy to figure out once the compiler
didn't find some headers.

Cheers,
Roland

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Mark Worsdall
<code.ros.org at wizdom.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some mistakes in last posting, very sorry.
>
> Did the following today:
>
> rm -rf ~/ros ~/.ros
> rosinstall -n ~/ros http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_base.rosinstall
> rosmake --no-rosdep ros
> source /home/worsdall/ros/setup.sh
> (Also added that to bottom of me bashrc)

> In message <4C1973F9.5080309 at willowgarage.com>, Tully Foote
> <tfoote at willowgarage.com> writes
>>
>> Hi Mark,
>> This is the right place.
>>
>> The problem you are having is that squeeze isn't yet released.  And we
>> only have partial coverage of squeeze in our automatic dependency
>> installation methods.
>>
>> You can finish the install by running with the -n option.  You will then
>> need to manually install the listed dependencies.  Then a "rosmake
>> --no-rosdep rostest" will get you started.
>>
>> After that I would suggest that you manually install the dependencies
>> manually checking a package using rosdep depdb or satisfy commands to
>> see the errors.  Then use rosmake --no-rosdep to compile after manually
>> resolving the dependencies.
>>
>> There used to be a way to override the OS detection from the command
>> line but that seems to have been lost in the last rewrite.  I've
>> ticketed it to be replaced https://code.ros.org/trac/ros/ticket/2814
>>
>> Tully
>>
>> On 06/16/2010 06:15 AM, Mark Worsdall wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> OS:debian version:squeeze
>>> Installing as root (tried as a user, same errors)
>>>
> [snip]
>
> --
> Mark Worsdall
> http://www.shadowrobot.com/  need a hand??