[ros-users] rviz plugin

Hao Dang dang at cs.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 22 16:37:57 UTC 2010

Hey Felix,

This is the same question I want to ask.

I have been also thinking about whether there is a way of building a
plug-in for RVIZ for user control.  I have been modifying RVIZ so that
it allows the user to rotate a single part.  The function now does not
consider any inverse kinematics.  But I was not able to find a way of
building a plug-in without modifying RVIZ's basic source.  So this is
not an extend-able way.  It would be great if we can figure out a
better way for that.

Hao