[ros-users] pr2_cockpit stack (Teleoperation stack)

Hai Nguyen haidai at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 04:01:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to get the JTTelopController running on our robot.  At
first, I checked out the version tagged for cturtle but the
telop_controllers package had a ROS_BUILD_BLACKLIST in it so I moved
on to 'latest' (r39163).  From latest I found the launch files
formerly in cartesian_controller_tutorial in telop_microscribe,
launched c_jt.launch (a file that we were using during the workshop),
but then I received errors about something failing to load the
controllers (see below).  Have you seen these errors before and
possibly know how to fix them?

Errors from roslaunch:
[ERROR] 1277263944.599523: Failed to load l_cart
[ERROR] 1277263945.605297: Failed to load r_cart

Errors from rosout:
Node: /realtime_loop
Could not load controller 'l_cart' because controller type
'JTTeleopController' does not exist

Node: /realtime_loop
Could not load class JTTeleopController: According to the loaded
plugin descriptions the class JTTeleopController with base class type
pr2_controller_interface::Controller does not exist. Declared types
are  CasterCalibrationController CheckoutController
CounterbalanceTestController GripperCalibrationController
HeadPositionController HysteresisController JointCalibrationController
JointLimitCalibrationController MotorJointCalibrationController
TFFController TestController WristCalibrationController
WristDifferenceController
ethercat_trigger_controllers/MultiTriggerController
ethercat_trigger_controllers/ProjectorController
ethercat_trigger_controllers/TriggerController
pr2_mechanism_controllers/CasterController
pr2_mechanism_controllers/CasterControllerNode
pr2_mechanism_controllers/LaserScannerTrajController
pr2_mechanism_controllers/Pr2BaseController
pr2_mechanism_controllers/Pr2BaseController2
pr2_mechanism_controllers/Pr2GripperController
pr2_mechanism_controllers/Pr2Odometry
robot_mechanism_controllers/CartesianPoseController
robot_mechanism_controllers/CartesianTwistController
robot_mechanism_controllers/CartesianWrenchController
robot_mechanism_controllers/JointEffortController
robot_mechanism_controllers/JointPositionController
robot_mechanism_controllers/JointSplineTrajectoryController
robot_mechanism_controllers/JointTrajectoryActionController
robot_mechanism_controllers/JointVelocityController

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Stuart Glaser <sglaser at willowgarage.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to announce the first release of the pr2_cockpit stack.  The
> pr2_cockpit stack contains the teleoperation system in use here a
> Willow Garage, including a set of Cartesian controllers.  This stack
> is a research stack, and may undergo sweeping changes to the API and
> structure.
>
> Once the wiki updates, the documentation for the pr2_cockpit stack can
> be found here:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_cockpit
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/teleop_controllers
>
> Of particular note is the JTTeleopController in the teleop_controllers package.
>
> Enjoy,
> -Stu
>
> --
> Stuart Glaser