[ros-users] pr2_cockpit stack (Teleoperation stack)

Kevin Watts watts at willowgarage.com
Wed Jun 23 04:49:45 UTC 2010

Hai-
     We need to put something in the tutorials about this, because I think
this confused a lot of people in the workshop. The controllers are loaded by
the pr2_controller_manager, which is part of the realtime loop node. This
system uses pluginlib to load the controllers. Pluginlib searches for
controllers using the ROS_PACKAGE_PATH from the process that started it.
      First of all, make sure you have properly built the controllers. Make
sure the controllers package is in your environment. Check for the
controller plugin using rospack.
      If the controller plugin is properly set up, you'll need to launch the
robot using the correct environment. You can either use "sudo robot start
-e", or run "roslaunch /etc/ros/robot.launch". This will launch the robot
with the controller manager pointed at the right place.

Kevin