[ros-users] Rviz crashes

Nicolas Goossaert nicolas at shadowrobot.com
Wed Jun 23 16:03:40 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I am having troubles with Rviz, and I would need a little help.

I designed a package that displays data about the robot I work on, with
visualization_msgs::Marker (the text markers).

It worked perfectly well when I tested it, two or three weeks ago.

Last week I tried to add a service to my package, and when I ran the
node, i got that error:

'Ogre::InternalErrorException'
  what():  OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Vertex Buffer: Out
of memory in GLHardwareVertexBuffer::lock
at /home/hand/rosunstable/stacks/visualization_common/ogre/build/ogre_src_v1-7-1/RenderSystems/GL/src/OgreGLHardwareVertexBuffer.cpp (line 126)
[rviz_visualizer-1] process has died [pid 29255, exit code -6].
log
files: /home/hand/.ros/log/a3669c76-7edd-11df-862e-001109babf5f/rviz_visualizer-1*.log

the same error occurs when I remove everything that I added to have my
service, so I am quite sure that it is what I did last time, that does
not work anymore.

Trying to debug it, another error occurs when I try to display
visualization_msgs::Marker (the Points Marker and the Line Marker).
My Rviz freezes and in my console the following error is displayed
endlessly:

[ERROR] [1277304798.885620832]: No techniques available for material
[PointCloudMaterial0Billboard]

Do anyone has an idea to solve at least one of my problems ? I'm kind of
lost...

Cheers,

Nicolas