[ros-users] rosbag external control

Tim Field tfield at willowgarage.com
Thu Jun 24 17:48:41 UTC 2010

Hi Cedric,

Yes, that functionality is on our roadmap.  Until then, you could look to
rosbag/recorder.cpp and rxbag/recorder.py for implementations of bag
recorders.  It should be straightforward to add service-based
pausing/resuming on top of those.

Fyi, notes on planned future ROS functionality are kept here:
http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Roadmap.  It's great to get feedback from the
community about what features would be useful, though.

Thanks,
Tim