[ros-users] exception in transform listener

Michal.Stolba at cis.strath.ac.uk Michal.Stolba at cis.strath.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 12:58:51 UTC 2010

Hi Wim,

thanks for your reply.

this message occurs whenever I call:

transform_listener.lookupTransform("base_footprint","map",ros::Time(0),
base_footprint);

and it occurs once.

I've tried the tool you suggested and it looks like everything is ok:

RESULTS: for /map to /base_footprint
Chain is: /map -> /base_footprint -> /odom_combined
Net delay     avg = 0.020768: max = 0.064

Frames:
Frame: /base_footprint published by /robot_pose_ekf Average Delay:
0.0260556 Max Delay: 0.035
Frame: /odom_combined published by /gmapping_node Average Delay:
-0.000230769 Max Delay: 0

All Broadcasters:
Node: /gmapping_node 21.7028 Hz, Average Delay: -0.000230769 Max Delay: 0
Node: /robot_pose_ekf 32.1429 Hz, Average Delay: 0.0260556 Max Delay: 0.035
Node: /robot_state_publisher 51.6129 Hz, Average Delay: 0.00096875 Max
Delay: 0.001

the only weird thing is, that in rviz the transform arrows shows like
this: /base_footprint -> /odom_combined -> /map

might this be a sign of some problem?

thanks very much,

Michal