[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Christian Verbeek verbeek at servicerobotics.eu
Fri Jun 25 16:20:08 UTC 2010

It seems as if the problem is solved. I noticed a "Costmap2DROS
transform timeout" in the log of move_base.

I tracked down the latency in the transform tree and foudn out that my
laser range finder node (Sick S300) published with 3Hz only. I improved
the parser and got 6Hz now. That seems to be sufficient. I failed to set
the baudrate of the S300 to values larger than 115200 baud, but 6Hz
seems to be enough.

The robot is driving very meaningful paths in an extremely narrow
environment.

Its a real joy working with ROS. In the near future you will see the
second commercial robot coming from REC running ROS.

Regards
Christian