[ros-users] exception in transform listener

Wim Meeussen meeussen at willowgarage.com
Fri Jun 25 17:32:54 UTC 2010

Michal,

> RESULTS: for /map to /base_footprint
> Chain is: /map -> /base_footprint -> /odom_combined
> Net delay     avg = 0.020768: max = 0.064

[...]

> the only weird thing is, that in rviz the transform arrows shows like
> this: /base_footprint -> /odom_combined -> /map
> might this be a sign of some problem?

Yes, This is most likely your problem. It appears that you have a tf
publisher from map to base_footprint, and another publisher from
odom_combined to base_footprint. So the base_footprint frame has two
parents.  In our setup we have amcl publish the transform from map to
odom combined, and the robot pose ekf publish the transform from
odom_combined to base_footprint.  What setup are you running? Did you
reconfigure amcl to publish a different tf transform?

Wim

--
Wim Meeussen
Willow Garage Inc.