[ros-users] stage doubts

Gonçalo Cabrita goncabrita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 21:34:59 UTC 2010

stageros is built on top of libstage, so it holds the potential to do everything libstage can do.

For now stageros only provides you the ability to create robots with lasers, however it can be changed.

Here at out lab we have a few robots with sonars, so we changed stageros to expose the ranger feature.

We have also been trying to change stageros to be able to receive msgs that dynamically create Models in the stage environment, with the proper msg you can probably draw anything and place it where you want, and even determine with which type of sensors it can interact with (lasers for example).

We are having some trouble getting this to work, however I'd be more than glad to share what we have so far with you.

Next week I'll try to talk with Richard on the player/stage mailing list to see if he can give us a help with this matter.

Gonçalo Cabrita
ISR - Coimbra
Portugal