[ros-users] AMCL general Disuccsion

Suraj Swami suraj.g.swami at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 04:46:20 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

I am Master's Student at University of North Carolina doing Individual
project. This will help me to learn ROS in depth as well as practical
implementation of AMCL.

To my knowledge the AMCL driver is very complete. I could get it working in
Player. Mainly I am trying to make filters for  sonar or might be laser and
incorporate in the same package. I am in the impression that this package is
written at most optimized. So after I make some changes in the method to
weight the poses I would like to compare to the performance of this package
to see how well the filters are doing. This is my main goal for the
project.

Hence I am trying to get the AMCL working before I make changes to it.

Please feel free to comment and suggest on this approach.

Actually I am still not sure how to compare the performance. Can you suggest
of parameters that should be of concern. Or any ROS tools that will help me
get clear picture of the performance.

Thank you for all the support.

-Suraj.

Message: 10