[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Mon Jun 28 19:02:13 UTC 2010

Hey all,

This is still really strange to me. The costmap timeout is actually designed
to add safety... enforcing that the robot will not move if there is too much
latency in between transforms in your system. It certainly shouldn't allow
the robot to command velocities outside of the user-specified limits. I've
seen the transform timeout a lot in systems with heavy load and have never
seen the robot do anything like what has been described. I'll take another
look at the code around the transform timeout stuff, but I'll admit that I'm
still pretty perplexed by this whole thing. I'm glad that everything is
working now, but I would love to figure out what was going on... it just
doesn't feel like this could be caused by transform timeouts.

Hope all is well,

Eitan