[ros-users] problems, possibly solved, with pr2_tuck_arms_action

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Tue Jun 29 17:42:03 UTC 2010

Mike,
rospy.signal_shutdown() is the recommended way to shutdown.  See
http://www.ros.org/wiki/rospy/Overview/Initialization%20and%20Shutdown

If you have a patch for a program that you think might be useful to others,
the best thing to do is to open a ticket in the appropriate trac for the
repo in which the code lives.  In this case wg-ros-pkg
https://code.ros.org/trac/wg-ros-pkg/newticket  You can find what repository
a package is hosted in from it's wiki page.
http://www.ros.org/wiki/pr2_tuckarm

Tully

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Michael Styer <michael at styer.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been learning ROS and the PR2 software this week and last at Bosch
> RTC. Today I've been looking at the pr2_tuck_arms_action node in
> pr2_common_actions. I couldn't figure it out for a while because it
> didn't have a help option, and it didn't exit at the end when it was
> supposed to. So I looked into it a bit and I've written a version that
> adds a help option and calls rospy.signal_shutdown(...) (instead of
> exit()) to quit.
>
> So I have a quick question -- is that the right way to force shutdown of
> a node? The script called exit() before, which didn't seem to work, but
> is there another method I should use?
>
> Then, if it would be useful, I can share my revised script, or a diff --
> just let me know what the standard procedure is.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer