[ros-users] TrajectoryPlannerROS does not take parameter

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Jun 30 21:44:46 UTC 2010

Christian,

First off, thanks for trying to help reproduce this again. When you say that
you updated the navigation stack to version 1.0.7... what version did you
update from? I think your previous e-mail referenced 1.0.7 as the version
that you were running from the outset. This might help me track down whether
this could have been a bug in previous versions of the navigation stack. It
still seems unlikely to me, since the code responsible for simulating
trajectories hasn't changed in awhile, but its probably worth a look.

As far as the parameters go... I've tried to configure the navigation stack
using the parameters you posted when you were having trouble and couldn't
get things to fail. The low acceleration limits never caused the velocity
limits to be violated or the robot to move backwards at high speed.

Really, really strange... we may just have to let this one go in the end. I
hate weird, unexplainable things like this.

Hope all is well,

Eitan