[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 03:26:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Dejan Pangercic
<dejan.pangercic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>>> Is that newer version then also checked out in libdc1394v2 pkg? And
>>> does that mean we shall better de-install system installation of it?
>>
>> No, we're talking about alternate kernel driver implementations. The
>> library sits above them in user space.
> I perfectly understand this. Let me then rephrase the question a bit. Is
> camera1394  using
> /usr/lib/libdc1394.so.22 (installed with aptitude in ubuntu for instance)
> or
> ros-pkg-trunk/stacks/camera_drivers_experimental/libdc1394v2/libdc1394v2/lib/libdc1394.so
> library?

My understanding is that the libdc1394v2 package actually uses the
system version, if recent enough.

Our goal is to remove that package completely and replace it with
rosdep scripts for all supported versions. On Hardy, that means it
will have to fetch, download, build and install the version 2 library.

I have not figured out how to do all that, yet. Help (and patches) are welcome.
--
 joq