No subject

Tue Mar 2 09:14:18 PST 2010

/camera/image. On both the laptop and the basestation I have image_view
nodes subscribed to the /camera/image.

On my laptop the image_view window shows the image as expected. Doing
rostopic info /camera/image shows that there are two image_view processes
subscribed to the topic (one from the laptop and one from the basestation).

rostopic info /camera/image
Type: sensor_msgs/Image

Publishers:
 * /uvc_cam (http://jks-g51:59684/)

Subscribers:
 * /image_view_1279845826710500129 (http://jks-g51:33511/)
 * /image_view_1279846165570567012 (http://stair4-basestation:41138/)

On the basestation the image_view window does NOT show the image at all.
Doing rostopic hz/echo /camera/image shows no imcoming messages. However,
rostopic list still shows the /camera/image topic, and doing rostopic info
shows the same info as from the laptop.

rostopic info /camera/image
Type: sensor_msgs/Image

Publishers:
 * /uvc_cam (http://jks-g51:59684/)

Subscribers:
 * /image_view_1279845826710500129 (http://jks-g51:33511/)
 * /image_view_1279846165570567012 (http://stair4-basestation:41138/)

As a final test, I tried plugging the camera into the basestation and doing
the same thing. In this case both the basestation AND the laptop
successfully get the image topics, as seen through image_view and the
various rostopic tools.

I don't understand why the messages aren't getting transmitted outbound from
the laptop. It seems everything else works fine, including messages from the
basestation or robot to the laptop. Can anyone see what is wrong with this
or give me places to look?

Thanks!
--Adam

Adam Leeper
Stanford University
aleeper at stanford.edu
719.358.3804

--e0cb4e8878272496a7048c03dbf7

Hi-<br><br>I am trying to run a camera that is plugged into my laptop and I=
 want to publish messages that can be received by processes running on the =
robot and/or basestation. I have correctly set the ROS_MASTER_URI to point =
to the robot. I can tell because if I rostopic list on my laptop I get all =
the robot topics, and if I run rviz I can also see all the robot state and =
sensor data. For some reason though, it seems my laptop is not able to publ=
ish messages back to the robot or basestation. The laptop is physically con=
nected to the same switch as the basestation and robot through an ethernet =
cable.<br>

image. On both the laptop and the basestation I have image_view nodes subsc=
ribed to the /camera/image.<br><br>On my laptop the image_view window shows=
 the image as expected. Doing rostopic info /camera/image shows that there =
are two image_view processes subscribed to the topic (one from the laptop a=
nd one from the basestation).<br>
p://jks-g51:59684/">http://jks-g51:59684/</a>)</div>
f=3D"http://jks-g51:33511/">http://jks-g51:33511/</a>)</div>=A0* /image_vie=
w_1279846165570567012 (<a href=3D"http://stair4-basestation:41138/">http://=
stair4-basestation:41138/</a>)<br>
ow the image at all. Doing rostopic hz/echo /camera/image shows no imcoming=
 messages. However, rostopic list still shows the /camera/image topic, and =
doing rostopic info shows the same info as from the laptop.<br>
s: <br>=A0* /uvc_cam (<a href=3D"http://jks-g51:59684/">http://jks-g51:5968=
ef=3D"http://jks-g51:33511/">http://jks-g51:33511/</a>)<br>
=A0* /image_view_1279846165570567012 (<a href=3D"http://stair4-basestation:=
 tried plugging the camera into the basestation and doing the same thing. I=
n this case both the basestation AND the laptop successfully get the image =
topics, as seen through image_view and the various rostopic tools.<br>
outbound from the laptop. It seems everything else works fine, including me=
ssages from the basestation or robot to the laptop. Can anyone see what is =
wrong with this or give me places to look?<br>

leeper at stanford.edu" target=3D"_blank">aleeper at stanford.edu</a><br>

719.358.3804<br>

--e0cb4e8878272496a7048c03dbf7--