No subject

Tue Mar 2 09:14:18 PST 2010

look to have added to your path.  You should install the new version of
rosinstall http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosinstall  The current version is 0.5.4

After that I would suggest that you remove your checkout of the old version
"latest" from /opt/ros, putting two versions of ROS same code into the same
directory will definitely screw things up.

And then execute:
{{{
rosinstall /opt/ros/cturtle
http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstall
}}}

Note: This is the same command as you had except I added cturtle to the pat=
for clarity.  It's not required but is the standard location for the cturtl=
distro in /opt/ros.

Tully

PS: If you are running on ubuntu I would also recommend that you look at
using the debian packages.  You can install them through apt.  See
http://www.ros.org/wiki/cturtle/Installation/Ubuntu

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Benoit Larochelle <benoit.larochelle at dfki.d=
> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I currently have   ROS installed from SVN, and the last time that I
> updated it, it was called the "latest" version. Now that is has been
> renamed, I can't seem to update ROS.
>

> Here's what I get:
>

> *benoit at ToughbookUbuntu:/opt/ros/stacks$ rosinstall /opt/ros
> http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstall*
> *Falling back onto deprecated .rosinstall_source_uri
> rosinstall operating on /opt/ros from specifications in rosinstall files
> http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_base.rosinstall,
> http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstall
> ahhhhh got an error from the interwebs: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> couldn't load config uri http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_base.rosinstal=
> Usage: rosinstall PATH [URI] [options]
>
> rosinstall: error: None*
>
>  I tried installing with cturtle_base, latest_base, and unstable_base, bu=
> none of them work.
>
> Should I delete my .rosinstall_source_uri file, or maybe try something
> different?
>

> Benoit Larochelle, B.Eng., M.Sc.
> Software Engineer
>
> DFKI GmbH
> Language Technology Lab
> Campus D3 1, Room +1.12
> Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
> 66123 Saarbr=FCcken, Germany
>
> Phone: +49-(0)681-857-75-5287
> Email: Benoit.Larochelle at dfki.de
> Web:   http://www.dfki.de/~blaroche
>        http://nifti.eu/

--=20
Tully Foote
Systems Engineer
Willow Garage, Inc.
tfoote at willowgarage.com
(650) 475-2827

--0015174be68c149710048d6724ea

Benoit,=A0<div>From the messages, you are using the old version of rosinsta=
ll which you look to have added to your path. =A0You should install the new=
 version of rosinstall=A0<a href=3D"http://www.ros.org/wiki/rosinstall">htt=
p://www.ros.org/wiki/rosinstall</a>=A0=A0The current version is 0.5.4=A0</d=
iv>

t of the old version &quot;latest&quot; from /opt/ros, putting two versions=
 of ROS same code into the same directory will definitely screw things up. =
=A0</div>

pt/ros/cturtle <a href=3D"http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstal=
v>

d cturtle to the path for clarity. =A0It&#39;s not required but is the stan=
untu I would also recommend that you look at using the debian packages. =A0=
You can install them through apt. =A0See=A0<a href=3D"http://www.ros.org/wi=
ki/cturtle/Installation/Ubuntu">http://www.ros.org/wiki/cturtle/Installatio=
n/Ubuntu</a>=A0=A0</div>

 9, 2010 at 5:50 AM, Benoit Larochelle <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mai=
lto:benoit.larochelle at dfki.de">benoit.larochelle at dfki.de</a>&gt;</span> wro=
te:<br>

x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">

 =20
   =20
   =20
 =20

 from SVN, and the last time that I updated it, it was called the &quot;lat=
est&quot; version. Now that is has been renamed, I can&#39;t seem to update=
 ROS.</p>

cks$ rosinstall /opt/ros <a href=3D"http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base=
.rosinstall" target=3D"_blank">http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosi=

    <em>Falling back onto deprecated .rosinstall_source_uri<br>
    rosinstall operating on /opt/ros from specifications in rosinstall file=
s=A0 <a href=3D"http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_base.rosinstall" target=
=3D"_blank">http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_base.rosinstall</a>, <a href=
=3D"http://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstall" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://ros.org/rosinstalls/cturtle_base.rosinstall</a><br>

    ahhhhh got an error from the interwebs: HTTP Error 404: Not Found<br>
    couldn&#39;t load config uri <a href=3D"http://ros.org/rosinstalls/late=
st_base.rosinstall" target=3D"_blank">http://ros.org/rosinstalls/latest_bas=
e.rosinstall</a><br>
    Usage: rosinstall PATH [URI] [options]<br>
    rosinstall: error: None</em><br>
    I tried installing with cturtle_base, latest_base, and unstable_base, b=
ut none of them work.<br>
    Should I delete my .rosinstall_source_uri file, or maybe try something =
different?<br>

 0px">Benoit Larochelle, B.Eng., M.Sc.<br>
    Software Engineer<br>
    DFKI GmbH<br>
    Language Technology Lab<br>
    Campus D3 1, Room +1.12<br>