[ros-users] Publisher/Subscriber Issue

Robbie Plankenhorn rplankenhorn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 19:21:17 UTC 2010

I am trying to get a publisher/subscriber connection working within my own
ros pkg and I am having issues.  I am able to get the talker/listener
tutorial working but what I am doing is slightly different.

I have an ros program that sets up a TCP socket and waits for a connection.
When the user sends the appropriate command on that socket, I want it to
publish a message and that message is redirected to the other program.
Right now, everything starts using a launch file and when it starts, the
publisher shows that there are 0 subscribers and the subscriber shows that
there are 0 publishers.

Are there any special timing conditions that I need to take into account?
Is there anything else that I should look at?

Thanks,
Robbie