[ros-users] Generating custom srvs

Daniel Stonier d.stonier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 05:37:24 UTC 2010

Ran into a hitch compiling today - have a simple test program with the
following CMakeLists.txt

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.4.6)
include($ENV{ROS_ROOT}/core/rosbuild/rosbuild.cmake)

rosbuild_init()

#set the default path for built executables to the "bin" directory
set(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/bin)

rosbuild_genmsg()
rosbuild_gensrv()

rosbuild_add_executable(client src/client.cpp)
rosbuild_add_executable(server src/server.cpp)

However, it was failling to generate the srvs before trying to compile
the cpp files. However, the msg's are generated.

My first thought was that I had parallel jobs on and maybe that was
messing around with it, however upon checking I found I hadn't - it
was set to -j1 and failing. So I tried with -j2, -j3, -j4 - in all of
these cases, it surprisingly compiled ok. Is there something I'm
missing in the above?

Regards,
Daniel Stonier.

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/