[ros-users] roscore problom: I need help

wwjjbb1977 wwjjbb1977 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 06:31:08 UTC 2010

I am  new  here.
I   install a  ros into  my computer (OS is fedora11) .
    When  i  run roscore ,i get this message .

... logging to
/root/.ros/log/d2c97a1a-3563-11df-8e96-001bb9806e0a/roslaunch-robot-9093.log

Unable to contact my own XML-RPC server, this is a highly unusual error and
should be reported immediately.
My URI is [http://robot:38228/]
my compute's name  is "robot".
I have changed  the ROS_HOSTNAME=localhost

thanks for anyone'help