[ros-users] wavefront

Dan Lazewatsky lazewatskyd at cse.wustl.edu
Tue Mar 30 19:07:39 UTC 2010

Hi all - I'm having some trouble using wavefront. When I try to start it
I get this:

robotics at tears$ rosrun wavefront wavefront
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'ros::InvalidNameException'
   what():  Using ~ names with NodeHandle methods is not allowed.  If you want to use private names with the NodeHandle interface, construct a NodeHandle using a private name as its namespace.  e.g. ros::NodeHandle nh("~");  nh.getParam("my_private_name"); (name = [~dist_eps])
/home/robotics/ros/ros/bin/rosrun: line 35: 15562 Aborted                 $exepath "$@"

Granted, I don't know what the right way to use wavefront since the
documentation is a bit spotty.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Dan