[ros-users] No Display in Rviz

shayan sengupta shayanfennec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 05:30:06 UTC 2010

hi

I am shayan sengupta.I am trying to run the Hokuyo node tutorial with
URG-04LX-UG01. Everything works fine until I try running Rviz using command

#rosrun rviz rviz -d `rospack find hokuyo_node`/hokuyo_test.vcg

Rviz opens with no display i.e. a blank window.Also when I hit Ctrl C to
terminate Rviz I get a X windows system error.
But I am able to see the laser data in comand line using command #rostopic
echo /scan so i guess the LIDAR's working just fine and the problem is with
Rviz.

So please reply on how to fix this bug or whether I am missing out on any
dependencies, etc.
BTW I am using the precompiled ROS binaries on Ubuntu 9.04 with Intel
graphics card.

Regards,
Shayan Sengupta