[ros-users] Installing individual packages ( turtle_teleop )

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 3 01:52:23 UTC 2010

Hi Suraj,

Sorry for the problems. You happened to catch us on a day in which we
are writing a new installation procedure, and I appreciate you bearing
with us as we address these issues.

You can use the 'roslocate' command to find the SVN URL of a package, e.g.

roslocate svn turtle_teleop
https://code.ros.org/svn/ros-pkg/trunk/stacks/ros_pkg_tutorials/turtle_teleop

I've also added new instructions for getting the tutorials for your setup:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation/Ubuntu#ROS.2BAC8-Installation.2BAC8-PostInstall.Tutorials

You should be able to follow the instruction in "Tutorials" to get a
full copy of the tutorials.

best,
Ken