[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Patrick Beeson beeson.p at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 16:39:09 UTC 2010

FYI,

I have my own ROS node that combines cameradc1394 with the Player 1394
driver.  It works very reliably and depends on nothing but sensor_msgs
(I have to say that I do not like having to download the kitchen sink
just to get a simple hardware driver working, which is why I have my own
versions of Swissranger 4K driver, 1394 camera, etc.).

Jack has been using it, along with a visualization tool I forked from
somewhere.  I think I'll work with Jack to get this added to his ROS
repository, or start my own (I'm assuming a reliable Swissranger 4000
driver would be of desire to someone out there).  But, I should go ahead
and make it start using the image_transport package.  So, it'll probably
be a few weeks before this shows up in the ROS package browse.