[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 10 16:51:15 UTC 2010

> On a recent boxturtle ROS install, the rosmake will fail because
> cameradc1394 depends on libdc1394v2, which is no longer being
> distributed. So, users either have to edit your manifest.xml to remove
> that dependency (which is still needed on Ubuntu Hardy), or they have
> to find and install the SVN repository for the
> camera_drivers_experimental package (doable, but not trivial).

It seems that libdc1394v2 is a good candidate for converting into a
rosdep.  For boost and log4cxx, which we have to specially install on
Hardy, we use rosdep's ability to include custom install scripts for
that platform. Otherwise, we just use the debian package.

You can look at ros/rosdep.yaml under 'boost' and 'log4cxx' for
examples. This would require that the cameradc1394 be part of a stack,
as rosdep.yaml files are associated with stacks.

 - Ken