[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Blaise Gassend blaise at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 10 17:30:21 UTC 2010

> Ideally, it should be part of the camera_drivers stack, but that's
> another discussion.  :-)

That is something we could probably arrange, as long as the driver goes
through our review process, and as long as you would be up to continuing
to maintain it. (The reason we took dcam out of there is that we don't
seem to manage to maintain it since we aren't using it.) The opencv
dependency would have to go  before this could happen. We went to a fair
bit of effort to get it out of our drivers, and would not want to bring
it back in.

Let me know if you would be interested in trying this out.

Blaise