[ros-users] problem using TimeSynchronizer with two images

Patrick Mihelich mihelich at willowgarage.com
Sat Mar 13 03:22:27 UTC 2010

Hi Dan,

You might need to increase the size of the queues used by the subscriber
filters and/or the synchronizer. If those queues fill up, messages can get
bumped off before they form a complete synchronized set.

For debugging purposes it can be useful to register another callback to the
subscriber filters, just so you know when they get any data. I've attached
some sample source code.

"compressed" transport definitely should work with the time synchronizer.
"theora" will not work reliably because it seems the plugin doesn't retain
the timestamp of the original image. I've opened a
ticket<https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/ticket/3882>for that.

HTH,
Patrick