[ros-users] 3rd party libs

Andreas Hermann andreas.hermann at gmx.eu
Tue Mar 16 08:45:18 UTC 2010

Hi Radu, hi Romain,

thanks for your quick and helpful responses. The main problem was that I
used the precompiled Ubuntu release and so I had no idea of the
svn-structures. It is still a bit confusing, where to search for the
different packages, but I found the deprecated_msgs I need for the
Swissranger (:
Still got some compiler errors in point_cloud_converter but I think
thats a minor problem with incompatible checkouts (see below).

And thanks for the nabbble hint.

Cheers,
Andreas

/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:49:37:
error: sensor_msgs/PointCloud2.h: No such file or directory
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:86:
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:86:
error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:86:
error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:97:
error: expected ‘;’ before ‘void’
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:98:
error: expected unqualified-id before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:98:
error: expected ‘)’ before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:98:
error: expected ‘;’ before ‘&’ token
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:267:
error: expected ‘;’ at end of input
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:267:
error: expected ‘}’ at end of input
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:
In constructor ‘PointCloudConverter::PointCloudConverter()’:
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:72:
error: ‘cloud_cb_pcd’ is not a member of ‘PointCloudConverter’
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:73:
error: ‘cloud_cb_ros’ is not a member of ‘PointCloudConverter’
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:
At global scope:
/home/hermann-local/ros/stacks/point_cloud_perception/point_cloud_converter/src/converter.cpp:78:
error: expected unqualified-id at end of input
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/point_cloud_converter.dir/src/converter.o] Fehler 1