[ros-users] rxplot bandwidth

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 17 17:05:30 UTC 2010

Right now, the answer to your question is no. There are some prototype
stat APIs embedded within roscpp and rospy, but they are not reliable
yet. We've been meaning to bring them online as "rostopic bw" only
prints *received bandwidth*, not published bandwidth (e.g. imagine
you're saturating your wifi). We don't yet have a timetable for this.

If you do end up writing a node, I suggest either looking at rosrecord
(C++) or rostopic (python) for how you can dig deep into the
roscpp/rospy APIs to minimize performance overhead, namely, turning
off costly deserialization of messages.

 - Ken