[ros-users] Executing turtle example in Debian Lenny 5.5.

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Wed Mar 17 18:46:52 UTC 2010

Renato,

What this error means is that the rosdep for Lenny is not defined.  Since we
are primarily developing in ubuntu, the package name and rosdep name are
coincident in this case.

rosdep where_defined libbluetooth-dev   shows joystick_drivers/rosdep.yaml

In there you will need to add something like:
  debian: libbluetooth-dev
into the libbluetooth-dev entry.

And the same for libx11-dev

If that works please submit a patch back in a ticket to the ros-pkg trac and
we'll integrate it into the next release.
https://code.ros.org/trac/ros-pkg/newticket?component=joystick_drivers&type=enhancement

Tully

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Mintaka Alnitak <
mintaka_alnitak at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to execute the turtle example following the steps in:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Tutorials/BuildingPackages
>

> When I come to the point of building packages for next tutorials it shows
> an error in my installed packages:
>
> # rosdep install turtle_teleop rxtools
> Failed to find rosdep libbluetooth-dev for package turtle_teleop
> Failed to find rosdep libx11-dev for package turtle_teleop
> ERROR: ABORTING: Rosdeps [u'libbluetooth-dev', u'libx11-dev'] could not be
> resolved
>

> Then, I installed them:
>
> # apt-get install libbluetooth-dev libx11-dev
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> libbluetooth-dev is already the newest version.
> libx11-dev is already the newest version.
>
> However, this does not make any change in building the packages.
>
> Can you help me to know how can I solve this problem?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Renato.

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer