[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Klaus Petersen klaus at moegi.waseda.jp
Thu Mar 18 10:54:24 UTC 2010

Jack O'Quin さんは書きました:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Klaus Petersen
> <klaus at takanishi.mech.waseda.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Hello Jack,
>>
>>>  * Should this package be supported on Mac OS X?
>>>
>>> Libdc1394 claims to run on OS X, but the ROS experimental libdc1394v2
>>> package defines ROS_BUILD_BLACKLIST_OSX. Is a 1394 driver useful or
>>> needed on that system?
>>>
>>> Should I open tracker issues for some of these items?
>>  From my individual standpoint, it would be very nice if the driver ran
>> on osx as well. libdc1394 works fine on osx as far as I know. If I have
>> time I will try to install the driver you just committed on my osx box.
>
> Please do, and let me know how it goes.
>
> Regards,

Hi Jack,

I got the node to run under macosx as well. When compiling I had an
error with two uint declarations in camera1394.h which I fixed by
substituting with unsigned int. I had problems with the default mode
settings, so without changing these (or setting them as inital
parameters) the process got locked up. I guess this is a camera specific
problem. Also there is one notorious problem with libdc1394 on mac and
that is a warning message that occurs for every sampled frame saying
"libdc1394 warning: packet .. had error status 0". That can be fixed by
commenting the respective line and recompile library however, so that is
also no shortcoming of the node. Anyway, will continue trying..

Cheers,
Klaus