[ros-users] ROS 1.1 Released (Unstable)

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Thu Mar 18 16:18:11 UTC 2010

On Thursday 18 March 2010 04:24:30 Ken Conley wrote:
> ROS 1.1 has been released. This is an **unstable** development release
> to test and develop features for ROS 1.2.
>
> Please see the release announcement here:
>
> http://www.ros.org/news/2010/03/ros-11-released-unstable.html
>
> Change list:
>
> http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/ChangeList/1.1

I checked out ros trunk and make could not complete. I had to fix two lines,
cfr attachment. The strange thing is that I kept getting these python
exceptions:

[ rosmake ] Last 40 lines
{-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      generate(arg)
    File "/home/kaltan/src/ros/trunks/ros/core/roscpp/scripts/gensrv_cpp.py",
line 193, in generate
      os.makedirs(output_dir)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 157, in makedirs
      mkdir(name, mode)
  OSError: [Errno 17] File exists:
'/home/kaltan/src/ros/trunks/ros/test/test_roscpp/srv_gen/cpp/include/test_roscpp'
  make[4]: *** [../srv_gen/cpp/include/test_roscpp/TestStringString.h] Error 1
  make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/kaltan/src/ros/trunks/ros/test/test_roscpp/build'

I had to work around with a try statement. Really weird (Ubuntu Karmic,
standard install). The other fix is a forgotten link library, when binutils-
gold is used during linking.

Regards,
Peter