[ros-users] Digital Camera 1394 in ROS?

Jack O'Quin jack.oquin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 01:08:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Blaise Gassend
<blaise at willowgarage.com> wrote:
>> I am still trying to figure out how to build a default camera matrix
>> to eliminate that error message. I'll open a bug report on it if I
>> can't come up with a solution soon.
>
> Here is what Patrick sent out a couple of days ago:
>

>>> For monocular cameras you should set:
>>> * R (rotation matrix) to the 3x3 identity matrix.
>>> * P (projection matrix) to K (camera matrix) with a column of zeros
>>> appended.

Right.

Today, he explained that the K matrix comes from calibration. So, I
clearly will not  be able to fix this in the camera1394 driver.

So, it seems like the bug report should be for rviz and not
camera1394. Everyone is going to have this problem initially when they
buy a new camera.

Rviz should not be complaining about NaN values in that situation, it
just confuses users.
--
 joq