[ros-users] scan_to_scan_filter_chain

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Fri Mar 19 15:19:51 UTC 2010

Robbie, the scan_to_scan_filter_chain is a node, not a class.  It will
run on its own and then communicate with your node via ROS.  It will
apply a set of filters based on how you have configured it and publish
the filtered scans.  That way you only filter the scans once and can
feed the same filtered data into all downstream nodes.

http://www.ros.org/wiki/laser_filters#scan_to_scan_filter_chain

If you really need to create your own scan-filter inside of other
code, you can try going through the tutorial:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/laser_filters/Tutorials/Laser%20filtering%20in%20C%2B%2B

It basically just describes the scan_to_scan_filter_chain.

--Jeremy