[ros-users] rosdep no valid packages listed

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Mon Mar 22 17:41:58 UTC 2010

Kirila,

The error you see come when rosdep cannot find the ros package pr2_gazebo in
your path.

Can you try rospack list-names and make sure that pr2_gazebo is in the
list?  If not I'd suggest making sure that you source the setup.sh in ~/ros
directory.  ". ~/ros/setup.sh"

Tully

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Kirila Adamova <kirila.adamova at dfki.de>wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I installed it using svn, the following command in particular:
>
> ~/rosinstall ~/ros http://ros.org/rosinstalls/boxturtle_pr2.rosinstall
>
> Kirila
>
> Ken Conley wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kirila,
> >
> > How did you install ROS? You may need an updated install to get
> > pr2_gazebo.
> >
> > Ken
> >
> >> On Mar 22, 2010 7:31 AM, "Kirila Adamova" <kirila.adamova at dfki.de
> >> <mailto:kirila.adamova at dfki.de>> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I recently started working with ROS. In the beginning I had no problem
> >> using rosdep and installing packages, but now I started getting the
> >> following message:
> >>
> >> kiki at kiki-laptop:~/ros$ rosdep install pr2_gazebo
> >> Warning: could not identify ['pr2_gazebo'] as a package
> >> Usage: rosdep [options] <command> <args>
> >> rosdep: error: No Valid Packages listed
> >>
> >> Could anybody give me a clue what I am missing here?
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Kirila Adamova

Tully Foote
Systems Engineer