[ros-users] How to compile the code from trunk

Ken Conley kwc at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 23 08:20:13 UTC 2010

If you are a newbie with ROS, we don't recommend building packages
that are in trunk as they are usually unstable. Instead, we recommend
using the packages that are available with our basic ROS installation:

http://www.ros.org/wiki/ROS/Installation

If you have questions about specific packages that are not available
with those installation options, we can provide assistance with those.
The usual process with those is to check them out and type "rosmake
<package-name>"

 - Ken