[ros-users] callback function on one topic with different message types

Brian Gerkey gerkey at willowgarage.com
Tue Mar 23 15:44:17 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Ugo Cupcic <ugo at shadowrobot.com> wrote:
> Ok, thanks for your answers. I'm now using a type flag in my message,
> but I wanted to be sure I was doing it properly.

hi Ugo,

Rather than use a flag in a message to switch between types, you
should consider defining multiple message types.  We designed ROS to
make it easy to define new messages, and to hook up multiple
publishers and subscribers.  You're free to use a flag, of course;
it's just not the recommended design pattern.

	brian.