[ros-users] Novint Falcon, HAPI and ROS

Josh Faust jfaust at willowgarage.com
Thu Mar 25 17:45:03 UTC 2010

Hi Brian,

> These are the two files. Both compile and run okay, but with one I can feel
> the plane restrictions I send to the device and with the other one I can't.
>
> I'll keep trying to figure out what's wrong.

A quick look at the HAPI API shows that enableDevice() can return an error
code -- what's it returning?

The one thing I can think of that might cause problems is if HAPI is trying
to use SIGPIPE, since I believe roscpp disables it entirely.

Also, a side note: geometry_msgs/Vector3 probably fits your data better than
std_msgs/Float64MultiArray.

Josh