[ros-users] SVN vs GIT?

Tully Foote tfoote at willowgarage.com
Thu Mar 25 20:10:56 UTC 2010

Hi Bill,
  On the choice of git or svn they are both actively used by ROS community
members.  The svn support is a little more mature since that is what we use
internally here.  If you work internally with git, using it natively will
likely be easier for you, since I've seen quite a few frustrations over
git-svn idiosyncrasies.

Thanks for the note about the archive search, I've opened a ticket for our
sysadmin.

Tully

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Bill Morris <morris at ee.ccny.cuny.edu>wrote:

> I am working on cleaning up our code for release and trying to figure
> out how best to proceed.
>
> We use GIT internally and I'm wondering if it will be easier to just
> push changes out to a SVN server or if I can just use GIT for our stack.
>
> Are there any advantages to using SVN or GIT?
>
> Also, search for the mailing list is broken.
> https://code.ros.org/discuss/ros-users/search?query=svn&submit=Search
> +Archive
>

> Thanks,
>
> Bill