[ros-users] image_proc doesn't work with camera1394

Jeremy Leibs leibs at willowgarage.com
Sat Mar 27 18:55:33 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Jack O'Quin <jack.oquin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Jeremy Leibs <leibs at willowgarage.com> wrote:

>> Do you have a downstream node subscribed to one of the processed image topics?
>
> I did not, and that was the cause of the "failure" to subscribe.
>
> Running image_view on the image_color output does indeed cause
> image_proc to subscribe to image_raw. Unfortunately, there are still
> no messages published on image_color, so that display window is blank.
>
> But, that seems to get me closer to reproducing Eric's original problem.
>
> Thanks, Jeremy!
>
> I can still view the original image_raw topic, so the driver does seem to work.
>
> Further suggestions are (always) welcome...

Couple of other things to try:

Are there images on any of the other image_proc topics?  image_mono,
or image_rect for example

Are there actually no publications, or is the image just empty?  what
does: "rostopic hz test_camera/camera/image_color" tell you?

What do you get if you run "rostopic echo
/test_camera/camera/image_raw.encoding".

I'm wondering if the raw image is possibly coming in with an encoding
that image_proc doesn't know how to handle.

Could you also "rostopic echo /test_camera/camera/camera_info" and
send the contents of that with your next message?  If the camera
calibration matrices aren't being populated correctly that could also
explain image_proc failing.

Lastly, I don't suppose there are any warnings or errors being
published to rosout?

Good luck!
--Jeremy